Ted Rogers, PhD, MBA, MABS, MACE, MAH, has extensive education, business, and culinary experience. Appreciative of cultural diversity, Ted has traveled to over 50 countries, studying their history and cuisine. On a research trip to Barbados with his wife, Glenda, Ted noticed the extensive use of South Asian curries in the Bajan foods. In that curries are not indigenous to the West Indies, or to Africa, a bit of research showed that the curries arrived in Barbados via a significant influx of indentured servants from India. This inspired Ted to begin using culinary examples in his History classes at the University of Colorado to help teach about migration patterns in the modern world. Ted is a published author, and one of only two University of Colorado History department faculty members to have won the prestigious Marinus Smith teaching award. He has taught and written on subjects of British, European, South Asian, and World history. He and his wife, Glenda, now live in Marietta Georgia.
Founder, CEO, & Lead Presenter
Awards and Publications
- Roaring Forks Writing Fellowship Recipient
- Ogilvy Travel Fellowship Recipient
- John K. Rice Fellow
- Coffey Research Fellowship
- Pile Travel Fellowship
- Bellon Award
- Marinus Smith Teaching Award
- Who’s Who in American Universities
- Who’s Who Professional of the Year in History Studies & Education
- Beverly Sears Graduate Student Research Grant
- Dean’s Graduate Research Grant
Evil, Eroticism, and Englishness in the Works of the British Literary Club, the Inklings 1937-1953.
Getting a Life: Personal Financial Stewardship
The Once and Future Fascist in History Studies, The University of Ireland, Limerick.
The Wilsonian Moment, in World History Connected.
Experience and Education
- PhD – Modern European & South Asian History
- MBA – Corporate Finance
- MA – History, specializing in Modern British History
- MA – Education, specializing in Adult Education
- MA – Biblical Studies
Over 30 years teaching experience specializing in adult education. Culinary Training across four continents. Distance training experience.